- Attorney General Warns Consumers of Unapproved Hurricane Protection for Windows
- Florida Takes Bold Stand to Protect the Consumer of Hurricane Protection Products
- A WARNING ABOUT WINDOW FILMS
"This product is designed to help hold glass fragments in place after glass breaks. Solar energy-saving films and decorative films are manufactured to be energy efficient or provide certain design and styling benefits, but any glass breakage protection is only a side benefit and should not be a reason for buying such a product.
Upon repeated impacts to the same area, films can begin to tear due to the edges of the broken glass fragments penetrating the thickness of the film. This means that, in general, although films can help greatly by reducing glass hazard upon initial impact, with repeated impacts they may not continue to perform well.
As of the summer of 2005, the window film industry trade associations are not aware of any window film product which can meet the large missile impact test. Any claim by the seller of a product should alert the consumer to ask for a copy of the actual written approval for the specific product in question."
Window Film Information Center
- A New Law in Florida Has Window Film Companies Up in Arms
- Channel 7 South Florida - Feature story on Window Film - NOT for Hurricane Protection
- Palm Beach County position on Window Film
- Fort Myers News Press 6/9/2009 Cape Coral company's window film does not protect against storms
- Sarasota Herald-Tribune 7/12/09 Storm safety may bring perils
- Sarasota Herald-Tribune Homeowners need help to avoid untested products 7/14/09
- Get the Number
- Disaster Safety
- Hurricane Warning!